There may be personal information in any information (including student names, grades, marks and scores), text, comments, or other materials or information you upload, post, or submit to Edusight whether through the Services or otherwise.
Edusight collects, uses and discloses personal information in order to: develop and provide you and other Edusight users with the services you expect or request; improve your online experience; communicate with you about Edusight's services; and contact you about Edusight promotions.
Any words not defined herein will have the meanings as defined in the Terms of Service.
If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract (in many places, this is 18 years old), then you must get your parent or guardian to read these terms and agree to them for you, before you use Edusight or provide any information to us. Please review this agreement with your parent or guardian so that you both understand how Edusight works and what restrictions apply to your use of our websites and services. Remember, always get an adult's permission before going online.
Personal Information Collected through the Services
Personal information you provide to Edusight
Edusight collects personal information through the Website when you choose to provide such information as discussed below. When you choose to share it, Edusight collects:
- your name, date of birth, the name of the school you work at or for, the school board for that school, your telephone number, address, years teaching, educational background, subjects taught, extracurricular activities sponsored, and your e-mail address when you sign-up for an account to use the Services, which can be used to identify you every time you upload, post or submit User Content to the Services;
- any personal information contained in any User Content you upload, post or submit to the Services, which may include the names, student numbers, ages, email addresses, parents' names, addresses, parents' email addresses, dates of birth, courses taken, ethnicities, citizenships, places of birth, dates of immigration to Canada, levels of studies completed in different educational systems, current grades, academic goals, career aspirations, personality traits, learning skills, locations, cities, schools, extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests of your students; and
- your name and e-mail address when you contact Edusight with any questions, comments, requests or feedback.
Personal information Edusight obtains through your use of the Services
Each time you visit the Website, Edusight may collect information, including some of your personal information by using cookies and web analytics software.
"Web analytics software" are third party services Edusight uses to measure, collect and analyze the activity of visitors to the Website, for purposes of improving the Services. The Edusight's web analytics software may track your location, site activity and type of Internet browser used. However, we do not track users across time or across websites.
How Personal Information is Used and Disclosed
- When you contact Edusight with questions, comments, requests or feedback, Edusight will use your name and e-mail address to communicate with you and respond to you.
- If you have created an account, Edusight will use your name and e-mail address to identify you and maintain your account in order to provide you with the services you request.
- If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting our team at email@example.com.
- If you choose to submit your telephone number, you agree that a representative can contact you at this number, potentially using automated technology (including text/SMS messaging) or a prerecorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our services.
- We also collect statistics about use of the Services. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
- recognizing you when you return to the Website; and
- studying how you navigate through the Website and which products you request in site searches so that Edusight can improve the design, content and function of the Website.
Edusight also uses web analytics software to improve your online experience when you visit the Website by:
- collecting information regarding the type of Internet browser you use, in order to optimize the user-friendliness and compatibility of the Services;
- collecting information regarding the frequency and length of your visits to the Website, the pages you visited, the frequency and length of visit per page, the number, type and frequency of comments you may have made overall and on a per student basis, and the frequency and type of communications made by you through the Website; and
- collecting information regarding your location, which is used to track general demographic information about the Edusight's user base, in order to optimize the delivery of the Services to all users by better understanding their location and needs.
To provide the Services, Edusight will remove personal identifiers, such as names, from personal information and Content and maintain the information in non-personalized, aggregate form that may later be combined with other information to generate anonymous, aggregated statistical information, as further described below.
Personal Information Accessible to Other Users
If you are a teacher, personal information associated with your account may be made available to other members of your educational institution and school board including the principal and vice-principal of your school.
If you are a student, personal information associated with your account and personal information provided about you by teachers and other administrative officials at your school may be available to your current and future teachers, and other members of your current or future educational institution(s) and school board.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
Edusight will not sell, rent, license, or trade your personal information or any personal information you provide through the Services with third parties for their own direct use. However, where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated businesses to provide our Services to you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where we are legally required to disclose your information or where we are contractually obligated to disclose it. Personal information on Edusight will be stored and processed in full compliance of FERPA and FOIPPA.
Additionally, Edusight may share your personal information or any personal information you provide through the Services with third parties that work with, or on behalf of, Edusight, including third parties which provide us with website hosting services. These third parties do not have any independent right to use, share, disclose or retain such personal information.
We may make anonymous, aggregated information collected through use of the Service available to other users of the Service or to third parties.
Edusight may disclose personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or governmental regulations, to establish or exercise Edusight's legal rights or to defend against legal claims, or if Edusight believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law. Edusight and its service providers store data in Canada and in the United States and accordingly your personal information may be made available to law enforcement or government agencies in these jurisdictions under a lawful order.
If Edusight is to be sold, merged or amalgamated or is to sell or dispose of substantially all of its assets, personal information may be transferred to a potential purchaser if, and to the extent, necessary for the purposes of deciding whether to proceed with the sale and completing the sale.
Storing your Personal Information
Edusight will store and retain your name, e-mail address and all Content that you have ever provided to Edusight for as long as you maintain a Edusight account, so that Edusight can offer you and its other users the services you and they want and expect to receive from Edusight.
Information that has been anonymized and aggregated is no longer personal information and Edusight will retain such anonymous, aggregated information after your account has been cancelled.
Your Decisions about your Personal Information
Amending and updating your personal information and your consents
By sending Edusight an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting https://teacher.lumark.edusight.co/profile, you can quickly, at no cost, and at any time:
- review the personal information provided to Edusight through your account;
- review the personal information provided to Edusight in connection with your User Content and your account;
- withdraw your consent for Edusight's use and disclosure of your personal information, if any;
- update or amend your account information, including your name or e-mail address;
- request a list of third parties to which Edusight may have provided your personal information, if any;
- cancel your Edusight account, as described below; or
- stop receiving promotional or marketing e-mails from Edusight.
When reviewing or updating your personal information or consents, Edusight may ask you to verify your identity before it can act on your request before it can act on our request. Please note that if you have a student account, we will only be able to delete User Content posted by you (to the extent that your school permits us to do so), and we will not be able to delete information posted about you by your teachers or school administrators such as your grades.
Cancelling your account
You can cancel your account at any time by contacting Edusight as shown above. If you cancel your Edusight account, after 30 days the personal information and User Content you have provided will be removed from Edusight's database and will no longer be used or disclosed by Edusight, unless Edusight is legally required to keep such information. We use commercially reasonable methods to delete User data, however, it may be impractical or impossible to delete all backup and/or archived data stored on our servers, in which case we will retain, but not use or disclose backup or archived data. Please note that if you have a student account, we will only be able to delete User Content posted by you (to the extent that your school permits us to do so), and we will not be able to delete information posted about you by your teachers or school administrators such as your grades. However, anonymous, aggregated statistical information derived from your use of the Services or from User Content provided prior to cancellation will be retained by Edusight. During this 30 day cancellation period, you may reactive your account and your User Content and user settings will be restored to their last configuration prior to cancellation. After expiry of the 30 day cancellation period, you will not be able to reactivate your account or use any of the Services and you cannot recover User Content previously provided to Edusight through your account.
Third Party Links and Websites
Edusight stores personal information and other data using commercially suitable physical, technical, organization and administrative safeguards to secure data against foreseeable risks, such as theft, unauthorized use, access, disclosure, copying, destruction or modification. While Edusight attempts to create secure and reliable Services for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from the Services or via e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, transmission of information to us is entirely at your own risk.
Edusight limits access to your personal information, or any personal information you provide through the Services, within Edusight to individuals on a need-to-know basis. Edusight makes its employees, agents and contractors aware of the importance of protecting personal information.
Children's Privacy Protection
Edusight understands the importance of protecting the privacy of children in the interactive online world.
United States (Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA))
COPPA requires that online service providers obtain parent (or guardian) consent before they collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. Therefore, we only collect personal information through the Services from a child under 13 where that student's school, district, and/or teacher has agreed (via the terms described in the following paragraph and through a written consent form) to consent to the terms on the student's behalf and inform parent(s) (or guardian(s)) that the child will use the Services and disclose personal information to us, for the use and benefit of the learning environment. If you are a student under 13, please do not send any personal information about yourself to us if your school, district, and/or teacher has not consented to the collection of your information and/or obtained prior consent from your parent(s) or guardian(s), and please do not send any personal information other than what we request from you in connection with the Services. If we learn we have collected personal information from a student under 13 without verifiable parent (or guardian) consent, or if we learn a student under 13 has provided us personal information beyond what we request from him or her, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a student under 13 may have provided us personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at email@example.com. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user's misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit any information on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site without verifiable parental consent.
20 Maud St, Unit B3
Toronto, ON, Canada
Attention: Privacy Officer